Monday 30 April 2012

Tulips



    I bought some reduced tulip bulbs last winter which i planted at the end of November. They were a bit of a gamble whether it was too late to plant them or if the bulbs were a bit past it. However as you can tell by the picture above the gamble paid off. I planted them in a row at the end of the bed that the tenders will be going into, so that the bed would be free till June. Perfect for my first attempt at growing cut flowers. Tulips are my favourite flower, i just love the simple shape and bold colours of them, a truly elegant flower. The thought of growing some extra ones to enjoy in the house as well as the garden seemed a good idea. So i currently have two bunches of homegrown tulips providing my house with glorious colour and all it cost me was a few pounds back in November- bargain!




No comments:

Post a Comment